Why we need personal information
We sometimes find it necessary to collect certain information from you. There are a number of ways in which we may collect information. These include:
- membership and volunteer application forms
- membership payment details
- when you sign up for newsletters
- when you use our website
- if you call us on the phone or send us an email.
What about ‘sensitive information’?
We will not ask you to provide sensitive information, which can include racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation.
What happens if you do not provide personal information?
If you do not provide us with accurate or complete information when we request it, we may not be able to provide you with a proper level of service.
How we collect and use your information
If you fill in a feedback or contact form or opt in for regular updates from us (newsletters) we may collect the email address you provide and any other identifying information you include, such as a name or phone number.
Other than circumstances such as unlawful activity or serious threats to health and safety, we do not share personal information.
If you receive our newsletter, there is an option at the bottom of each message to unsubscribe from our emails.
You may opt out of further contact from us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we protect your personal information
This site is hosted in Australia. To help protect the privacy of the data and personal information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. Access to your personal information is restricted to employees who need it to provide services to you.
Updating your personal information
If at any time you believe that any of your personal information that we store is not accurate or is out of date, please let us know by contacting Moreton Media Group Inc (99.7 Bridge FM). You can email us on email@example.com
How you may access your personal information
You may access your personal information by contacting the Station Manager. We will use our best efforts to take less than 30 days to respond to your request.
Newsletters and privacy
We use MailChimp to send out our newsletters. MailChimp provides online tools to create, send and manage emails.
MailChimp may collect personal information, such as distribution lists that contain email addresses, and other information relating to those email addresses.
We will only use this information to:
- create, send and manage emails relating to 99.7 Bridge FM
- measure email campaign performance
- provide statistical information and feedback to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) on 99.7 Bridge FM’s performance in connecting with our member base.
MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and the information collected about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside Australia.
When you subscribe to our newsletter:
- You understand and acknowledge that this service utilises a MailChimp platform, which is located in the United States of America (USA) and relevant legislation of the USA will apply.
- Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act will not apply.
- You understand and acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act, but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
You can opt out of our mailing list if you choose the ‘unsubscribe’ service provided by MailChimp in every email, or contact us.
Cookies and other website data
Browser cookies are small text files that a website puts on your computer to store information about how you use the website.
- measure how people use the website, so that we can improve the website
- help you sign up for our newsletter
- help you sign up for a membership.
You can learn more about what cookies are and how they work at Cookiepedia. This site will also tell you how to manage cookies on your own device.
While you browse our website, the information we collect includes:
- your IP address
- the date and time you visited this site
- the search terms you used on this site
- what kind of device you used to access the website (eg, a mobile phone or a PC) and what browser you used
- the pages you accessed on this site and the links you clicked on
- how you got to our site (eg, if you clicked a link from another website or if you came from Facebook)
By using the 99.7 Bridge FM website, you accept the following conditions:
- Moreton Media Group accepts no responsibility for the completeness or accuracy of any of the information contained on or accessed through the 99.7 Bridge FM site and makes no representations about its suitability for any particular purpose. Users should make their own judgments about those matters. To the extent permitted by law, Moreton Media Group Inc excludes all liability for loss or damage arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information contained on or accessed through the 99.7 Bridge FM site whether or not caused by any negligence on the part of Moreton Media Group Inc or its listeners, employees, volunteers or contractors.
- Information or materials which are offensive, pornographic, unsuitable for minors’ access or otherwise of a criminal or violent nature may be accessible through the 99.7 Bridge FM site either as a result of hacking or material placed on linked websites. Moreton Media Group makes no representations as to the suitability of the information accessible for viewing by minors or any other person.
- You assume all risks associated with use of the 99.7 Bridge FM website including, without limitation:
- The risk of your computer, software or data being damaged by any virus which might be transmitted or activated via the 99.7 Bridge FM website or your access to it; or
- The risk that the content of the 99.7 Bridge FM website and linked websites complies with the laws of any country outside Australia.
- Your use of the 99.7 Bridge FM website may be logged for the purpose of security and usage monitoring.
- Unauthorised use of the 99.7fm.com.au site could result in criminal prosecution.