Station Manager – Ray Kerr: has enjoyed a love affair with radio broadcasting over many decades. Ray has managed many radio stations and brings his wealth of knowledge and experience to this important role.
Assistant Manager – Ken Maxwell: Ken has joined the 99.7 FM team as Assistant Station Manager. Ken brings a wealth of knowledge in the radio broadcast areas of Marketing, Management and on air broadcasting. Ken will bring strong focus in providing the community with quality, inclusive community-focused radio broadcasting. :
IT Manager – Shaun Carrett: As you could imagine there are many moving parts to the IT side of a radio station, and Shaun is in charge of overseeing what happens on a day to day basis. Shaun has been around the station in various capacities for many years but provides vast experience in the technical areas which are especially required to keep us transmitting daily. Shaun has a strong technical team with radio broadcast and computer engineering knowledge that brings much needed support to the IT department.
Our board is made up of volunteers who all contribute their time to help with the overall responsibility and governance of the station. From talking to the CBAA or Office of Fair Trading, right through to working out how we can obtain grants from certain areas, the board acts in the best interest of the station and the members at all times.
Board members are elected for two-year terms, and we hold an election at every annual general meeting for either three or four of the positions.
- President – Jon Twartz: Big Jon, as he is known around here, takes on the leadership mantle. Jon will be focusing on the governance and structural side of the business but will still have active participation in promoting local music and hosting his own show. Jon’s involvement in the station is second to none and can be seen at most events that 99.7 Bridge FM holds.
- Vice President – Dave Andrews: Dave as you will know him as “Chopper Dave” has extensive radio broadcast knowledge in the business areas of programming, reporting and announcing. Dave continues in his current role as Program Director and brings a balanced view of all things radio to the board of management.
- Public Relations Manager- Bernie Ring : Bernie has been witr the station for 9 years as an announcer Bernie in the Pine, and is President of Redcliffe Harness Racing and Sporting Club. His primary focus is to advance the station by collaborating with local community groups, including schools and sporting clubs, and increasing outside broadcasts (OBs) to support these organizations and areas.
- Secretary Sue Gledhill: Sue has been in the role of Secretary for the past few years. Sue’s background in leadership and management in the healthcare environment has equipped her well for the various skills required of the Secretary
- Grants Co-Ordinator – Bronwyn Davies: One of the biggest responsibilities for the station is securing grants that will support the financial position of the organisation. Bronwyn has a strong financial background as well as extensive knowledge in the radio broadcast industry. Bronwyn recently gained Community Media Radio qualifications, adding governance strength to the board of management.