We use MailChimp to send out our newsletters. MailChimp provides online tools to create, send and manage emails.
MailChimp may collect personal information, such as distribution lists that contain email addresses, and other information relating to those email addresses.
We will only use this information to:
- create, send and manage emails relating to 99.7 Bridge FM
- measure email campaign performance
- provide statistical information and feedback to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) on 99.7 Bridge FM’s performance in connecting with our member base.
MailChimp is based in the United States of America (USA) and the information collected about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by MailChimp on servers located outside Australia.
When you subscribe to our newsletter:
- You understand and acknowledge that this service utilises a MailChimp platform, which is located in the United States of America (USA) and relevant legislation of the USA will apply.
- Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act will not apply.
- You understand and acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act, but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
You can opt out of our mailing list if you choose the ‘unsubscribe’ service provided by MailChimp in every email, or contact us.